Follow us | Pinterest Twitter Facebook Instagram YouTube
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Going Away with… Qualifications

Our Adventure Team want to encourage residential adventures for all in the County; indoors and outdoors for all ages from Rainbows to Leaders and Trefoil at our own Campsite Achachairdeis, at Gartocharn or further afield.

The Going Away With Licence is designed to be as flexible as possible, depending on what kind of trip you’re planning with your girls you don’t have to complete all the modules to take your girls away. Which modules are required depends on where you want to go and what you want to do. It’s open to members who have completed the leadership qualification and currently hold an active role as a leader, commissioner or adviser.

Our advisers can support you on which Modules you require, just contact them at


Talk to your Commissioner and then complete the Residential License Registration Form: Download – Residential License Registration Form

Leaders must apply to take residential qualifications, allowing plenty of time to work with their mentor. A minimum of 3 months is recommended for leaders with previous experience and Leaders new to taking their girls away may need longer. Leaders should aim to complete their paperwork on completion of the event to avoid delays in awarding their qualification.

Before the event you will need to complete a Residential Event Notification (REN) form.  More information can be found on the Girlguiding UK website


Catering Scheme

Our Catering scheme will equip you with everything you need to know about catering for a residential – from planning and buying supplies to hygiene and safety.  Girlguiding website has information on the four Modules that you complete and you can download the Catering Scheme free.


Travelling Abroad

If you’re planning an international adventure with your girls, you will need to complete, or be working towards, Travelling Abroad, Module 9 of our Going Away With scheme.