Girlguiding Glasgow offers the guiding programme to girls, young women and adults in the City of Glasgow.
It has over 3000 members in units around the city. Being a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide or member of the Senior Section opens up a world of opportunities that will last a lifetime. It provides a safe, girl-only space to explore the activities, issues and possibilities that are available to girls today.
Guiding in the United Kingdom is based on a number of principles:
- commitment to the ideals embodied in a Promise and Law
- membership that is open to all girls and women irrespective of faith, race, culture, nationality or any other circumstance, providing they are able to understand and are willing to make or work towards making the Promise
- membership which is voluntary
- a particular method of learning by doing – guiding uses a method with five distinct elements (known as “the five essentials of Guiding”)
- independence from any political organisation
- membership which is self-governing, with freedom to formulate its policy and put it into practice