WORLD THINKING DAY
Celebrated since 1926, World Thinking Day is a day of international friendship. It is an opportunity to speak out on issues that affect young women and fundraise for 10 million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 150 countries.
The theme for World Thinking Day 2021 is peacebuilding. On 22 February 2021 Stand Strong, Stand up and Stand Together for peacebuilding!
Peacebuilding is at the heart of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting and is as vital and relevant today as for the last 100 years. By completing the steps in the Stand Together For Peace activity pack, Girl Guides and Girl Scouts will; Stand Strong, Stand up and Stand Together for peacebuilding.
WHAT DO WE DO ON WORLD THINKING DAY?
- Celebrate World Thinking Day and be one in ten million!
- Be inspired by the history and impact of our global Movement
- Connect with the worldwide sisterhood of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting
- Take action and speak out on issues we most care about
- Make a difference by fundraising for projects around the world
World Thinking Day Badge 2021
To find out more information and download a WAGGGS #WTD2021 pack, click here
Peacebuilding is at the heart of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting and is as vital and relevant today as ever. We hope you will use this pack to celebrate World Thinking Day and stand together with over ten million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 150 countries to call for and create peace; in our lives and in the world. The activities in this pack enable Girl Guides and Girl Scouts to:
- Understand what peacebuilding means
- Explore the issues and actions that can lead to conflict and those that lead to peace
- Empower themselves to be peacebuilders
- Explore conflict situations from different perspectives
- Practise adapting their behaviour to resolve conflict and build peace
- Explore the link between discrimination, exclusion, and peace
- Make choices rooted in their values
- Consider the ripple effect of their actions, and how they may impact different groups
- Take action towards creating a more welcoming and peaceful society
EARN YOUR WORLD THINKING DAY 2021 BADGE WITH THESE EASY STEPS:
1. Create a ‘brave space’ for your group so that they are ready to fully participate
2. Complete at least one activity from each section of the pack (Stand Up, Stand Strong, Stand Together)
3. Complete the Our Global Promise activity and get ready to act for peace alongside Girl Guides and Girl Scouts around the world
DONATE TO THE WORLD THINKING DAY FUND
A tradition since 1932, the World Thinking Day Fund collects pennies and coins from members around the world, to support their fellow Guides and Scouts. All donations help fund WAGGGS activities and are used where the need is greatest in our global Movement.