Follow us | Pinterest Twitter Facebook Instagram YouTube
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

November Division Update

Northern Division

Our tea party is on Sunday 4th December in Guide Headquarters. We need
some girls to entertain the ladies so please try and encourage your girls
to participate. We also require leaders to help on the day. It is usually a
nice afternoon so please contact me if you can help. The tea party is from 2.00
to 4.00 pm.

Lauren Jenkins is overseeing our Division input for the service project i.e. shoe boxes
for Glasgow City Mission and the Simon Community. Lauren will be in touch with
unit guiders to offer her support.

Anne Chapman


North East Division

A big thank you to everyone who helped organise and run the Halloween Hoolie for our Brownies and Guides. I hear all the girls had a great time! If anyone has photos or video please email them to me – it would be great to see them.
There is no Division Meeting scheduled for November or December, but I am planning to arrange a Safe Space training for the Division early in the New Year. If you have not yet done Safe Space training, please email me and let me know so that I have an idea of numbers as soon as possible.
The Annual  Review will take place at the City Chambers on 22nd November. You can sign up on the Girlguiding Glasgow website through Eventbrite and it would be good to have a decent representation from North East Division.
We are still missing some bank account details from some units – if you are one please email me or Elaine as soon as you can. Thanks.
As always it would be good to know if you have plans for anything special for Christmas – hope all goes well.

Carolyn McGrath


East North East Division

Its been great to see so many of you have taking advantage of the Division Safe Space trainings and First Response Refreshers over the past couple of month. We have another Safe Space Training on Thursday 26th Jan 2017 in Shettleston New Church, this is open to all leaders.Uniform to be worn. Please remember even if you have been to a previous Safe Space training run by Anne Carmichael you must attend the update version. Contact me if you are able to come along.
Thank you to Anne Kelly for coming along to our last Division meeting and holding a craft night, its always very much appreciated.
Thank you to Maureen Glen who has been tidying up Join Us for the Division. Maureen will be in touch with District Commissioner to speak to any units who have outstanding girls on Join Us so please support Maureen and get your units Join Us/GO up to date.
Plans are well under way for our Division trip to the Safari Park and Cathleen will be in touch with parents letters and consent forms etc
With Christmas approaching and unit outings being planned please remember to notify your District Commissioner if you are going on a trip and remember your home contact please.
Remember our Annual Review is on Tuesday 22nd November and l hope to catch up with lots of you then

Senga


South East Division

 I didn’t have anything to say last month so didn’t include a Division specific message. It was encouraging a few of you contacted me to ask where it was, so here goes for this month’s ramblings.

As part of a review of the Division,  the County team will be looking at our Joinus & Go records so can you please ensure these are kept up to date. I would ask that all units record the maximum number of girls the unit feels they can accommodate considering hall space, adult to girls ratios, care for the individual etc. Thanks.for your ongoing support.

It is that time of year where as a Division we get together to look back and celebrate  what we have achieved, look towards the future and just have the opportunity to sit down with some coffee and cake to chat with friends.  I do hope you are available to join me for our annual Thanks and Recognition evening on Tuesday 29th November at 7.30pm in The Haven at Cathcart Old Parish Church. To aid with catering it would be helpful if you could confirm your attendance (or not) via email or on our Division Facebook page.

I hope to see as many of you as possible on the 29th.

Ann


South West Division

Thanks to all who attended the Division Safe Space training last month. Feedback has been positive and it was great to get so many people through this at the same time. Special thanks to Libby and Alison for arranging alternate accommodation at the last minute!!!

Our next Division meeting is Monday 28th November, where Gemma will be covering Risk Assessments and we will be giving updates on all upcoming events. Our social event will be on Friday 9th December, we are still looking at options for this so all suggestions are welcome.

South West will be stewarding at the Annual Review this year, which is being held at Glasgow City Chambers on Tuesday November 22nd. If you are able to lend a hand please let us know asap. It would be lovely to have some Senior Section involved in this too, as it’s a good way of highlighting the opportunities Girlguiding provides.

Karen & Lynn


West Division

I hope that you and your girls all had great fun at your Halloween Parties.  Winter has definitely arrived with the brisk mornings and dark evenings.    Just a wee reminder that the County is undertaking a Service Project over the next month.    The County is supporting Glasgow City Mission, they are looking for us to either fill a couple of shoe boxes or a bag a list will be provided by county detailing eligible items to be included e.g. toiletries (men and women), mini jams, nutella etc.  We are still waiting on this to come to us to advise what they would be looking for.

Our next Division Meeting will take place on Thursday 17th November at 7.45 pm in Drumchapel St Andrew’s Church I hope to see you there.   Please let me know if you are unable to make it.  I had hoped to have got Ann along to do some spring Crafts I will look to try and get this organised for January.  I was thinking of some Mother’s Day and Easter Crafts.  If you wish something different then please let me know always open to suggestions.

I am looking for someone to undertake the organisation of the Division Social Night to be held at the end of January please let me know if you wish to do this.  All suggestions and Ideas are all welcome

Have a good  rest of November!

Fiona


North West Division

Over the last few weeks I have been to visit a few units and it has been great to meet so many of you. Hopefully I will get to meet the rest of you in the coming weeks.

Just a reminder to ensure that Go records are up to date and that unit capacity has been entered on to Go- thanks to the units that have already completed this.

It would be great to have as many leaders in training as possible complete their books this year. The book can be completed in 6 months to a year and there are a number of trainings coming up that can help with completion. If anyone has any problems completing the book please speak to your mentor or myself.

Well done to 15th Brownie pack who held a sponsored sports night. They all had a great time and I am sure they will let us know when they confirm the final total!

Finally I hope the units that are going away on indoor holidays in the next few weeks have a fantastic time & those that have recently been away had a great time too.

Lindsay